Monday, July 5, 2010

Art

Last week I decided to have Ethan do a little art project. I had bought a couple of actual art canvases last year. I had an idea in my head, but it was not going to work out after all. So I decided what could be cool than having an actual art piece of our son's hanging in our house.

So I got him all dressed up for painting!I got out all our paint supplies.

And I let him go at it.
I must admit it was a bit hard to sit back and let him do his thing and not help him with colors and placement. But I wanted it to be 100% him, so I did not say anything at all.
It got pretty messy out there; that is why we started this project in our yet to be finished backyard.
At the end he was so excited to show me his finished project! I absolutely love it!! And now it is hanging in the hallway outside his bedroom! We will always cherish this piece of art he did.

2 comments:

susan said...

i love it!!!

i would be the same way...holding back the urge to help them.

J and C Smith said...

It turned out great!! Very good idea!