Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Reason for the Season

As I sit back and reflect on the year and the real meaning of Christmas I am humbled by the gift that God chose to bestow on us. God chose to give us his son, to be born as a human, to live amongst us and to eventually die for each and everyone of us. It is a deeply humbling idea to know that someone died for me...who am I, I am not worthy, but isn't that the point. God chose to give us grace. We are so not worthy of the gift he has chosen to give us, but God's grace is there for each and everyone of us. In my opinion the birth of Jesus is the ultimate symbol of grace. God gave his only son to live a life he knew would lead to shame and death because he would be carrying the sins of all mankind. So as we gather with friends and family over the next couple of days to celebrate Jesus birth and exchange gifts, I will be thinking about the gift that God gave me. God's grace is the best gift ever.

1 comment:

AML said...

Amen! Have a Merry Christmas!