Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recipe Ideas

So have been given a bunch of fruit and veggies that were grown in our pastors yard. I have so many I am afraid some things might go bad.


We have lemons
(which I usually turn into lemonade, but I was looking for another idea)

Zucchini's

Oranges (also often becomes juice).
I also have a ton of peaches, which are absolutely amazing. I stopped buying peaches in the store because everytime I bought them they were dry and chalky. But since I know where these are grown and they were just picked off the tree on Tuesday, they are wonderful.

So if you have any recipe ideas let me know. I seem to be out of creative ideas for food right now.

2 comments:

gaga said...

You can juice some of the lemons and oranges and freeze the juice to be used later on in recipes...lemon squares, lemon meringue pie, lemon cake/cupcakes. Orange juice cake/cupcakes, orange chicken. Freeze some of the juice in ice cube trays for drinks.

You can freeze shredded zucchini for later use and zucchini bread, yum!

amanda said...

Thanks Donna. I actually made a zucchini cake earlier today and with the leftover zucchini I shredded it and hoped it would freeze well. Glad to know it will freeze!