Monday, June 1, 2009

Updating

I have been slacking a bit when it comes to blogging. There have been lots of things going lately and we have all been super busy. We have all been pretty tired lately with everything going on. In fact Ethan took a three hour long nap today and still went to bed at 7:30; I just hope he does awake at 5am. Here is hoping.

So what has been going on the last few weeks.
Memorial Day weekend, for about the last 5-7 years, has been boys weekend. Chris and a bunch of his guy friends from Point Loma Nazarene University get together and go on a vacation of sorts. While daddy was gone mom and Ethan had Auntie Sami come to visit. She brought one her new friends from college. We had a great time. See Ethan's face. He had a great time.

Since I have lived in San Diego for almost ten years now, I rarely do the whole tourist thing. So with Sam here we did some of those things. We mainly walked around Coronado Island. I love it there, it is so beautiful. We also checked out Little Italy, the art district. I left me camera in the car. oops. However I did get a blank canvases when I was there I think this summer I want to get some of our family photos screened onto them. That will be one of summer projects.

Speaking of summer projects. I am started the big count down to the end of the school year. This year has been pretty draining and I am so ready for a break. I have a little less than two weeks with students and a little less than three weeks overall until my last day for the year. I can not wait to be home with Ethan. We have big plans: go to the zoo, wild animal park, meet baby Madison, hang out with grandparents, go visit Aunt Sam in Santa Barbara, hang out with Auntie Emma and Uncle Walt, see Aunt Jolene and Uncle David when they visit from Korea...the list goes on and I am afraid that the list might have more things on it than time that I have off. What to do.

The other big project that has been going on in the DuFour house is Chris's new T-Shirt company. It is a pretty awesome concept that is big for the whole family. I am so proud of him and creative ability, as well as his drive. I have another blog posting in mind to share more info about the company, but I am too tired right now. So the best I can do today is this go link to check it out www.crossyourheartclothing.com. We (I can saw we, I am can to be overseeing PR) are still in the planning stages for the most part but things are getting up and running quickly.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

where did you get the canvases? i can't wait to see how they turn out! i would love to do some pics like that... maybe you can tell me how you are going to do it? can't wait for you to get done with work!

amanda said...

I got them at blick art in little Italy. I am not sure they are going to turn out either. I'll keep you posted! Hope Gab is doing ok.

Priscilla said...

cool, well it will be a fun project anyway and to see if they will turn out! gab is not herself, i think she is exhausted! she is just not acting normal. we will see how she is after her nap.