Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Answered Prayer

God does answer prayers. Sometimes when he answers it is different than we thought, or planned for. What is the saying man plans, God laughs.

The prayer was for a healthy pregnancy, that my surgery to hold little Kinlee in would work and allow me a bit more freedom than I had with Ethan. Funny thing is I never expected God to answers as big and loudly as he did. Yes God is still reminding me that He is the one in the know and knows all and His plan is best.
We had my 28 week appointment. I was quiet nervous, they were going to see how the surgery was holding up. They had not checked on that for two months and I was fearful that it would not be good and I would be put on bedrest. That was my fear, but I was hoping that I would be put on modified or light duty and not have to work the rest of the pregnancy. Well neither one happened. God really is in the miracle business and at my 28 week appointment I was told that everything that measure so miserably with Ethan was measuring above average for a person at this stage in pregnancy. So I asked my doctor, well what about work, and she informed me that there was nothing that she could write me out of work for. Yea for the miracle! But man I wanted to be done with work. haha
When I first got pregnancy with Ethan I just tried to get used to the idea that I would not be able to do everything, that I might end up on bedrest or limited mobility at some point and I got used to that idea and even embarrassed it. What sent me over the edge with Ethan, I was looking forward to. I had a list of things I could do this time to entertain myself. Don't get me wrong, I did not want complications, I just wanted a little quiet time. We are beyond ecstatic that Kinlee's pregnancy is complication free and that she is on her way to being born a healthy little girl as a result of a normal pregnancy. But I won't lie, I got used to the idea of leaving work a bit early this year. But God is always teaching me (and hopefully one day I will fully get it) that I am not in charge, I don't know what is best for me and He knows the greater plan and He has me and our family in His hand. I would much rather be in His hand than in my own. I just forget that sometimes. It is good God reminds me.

And praise Him for the wonderful miracle that this pregnancy has been. For those that have prayed with us, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are so excited that our little girl will be here in a couple months and that she will have gotten here with a pretty drama free pregnancy. God still does miracles! :)

1 comment:

AML said...

Yes He does! Praising God with you. Thanks for the pregnancy update!