Saturday, March 12, 2011

THIRTY

About a year ago I posted a 30 before 30 list. Before I hit the big 30 I had a bucket list of sorts; things I wanted to accomplish. I didn't even come close to achieving them all. And really I am not that disappointed. I have come to realize that those things would have been fun to do, but they were not in God's plan for this past year of my life and there were plenty of things that did happen in my 29th year that I never thought would and that have brought me closer to Him. My 29th year was on that I will never forget. I learn how even the most challenging, and at that time horrific, things can show God's grace and mercy and he will use it all to bring us to a closer relationship with Him. My desire for my 30th year is not a long list of tangible things I want to accomplish it is simply the desire to live everyday of my life bringing honor and glory to Him.

But just for kicks, I thought I would repost my list and you can see what I thought I would do and what I actually did do with some added notes on some of them about where I am in the process. :) Happy reading.


Original Post
A while back a good friend posted a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she turned 30. I became inspired and now that I have just under a year left until I turn 30, I have made my own.

30 Before 30
1. Weekend vacation with husband
2. Go to France -as much as I wanted to do this and visit some of our dearest friends, it was most definitely not in God's timing, but oh how we tried to make it fit!
3. Move to a new house
4. Get our debt snowball rolling
5. Get on a regular devotional schedule- I am working on this and am doing a reading through the bible in chronological order. I am enjoying it. But I have slipped quite a few times. I am also now going to our weekly women's study at church and am loving that!
6. Finish Christmas scrapbook-don't even get me started (no comments Silla).
7. Have a mommy and Ethan Day 'O Fun
8. Go to Hawaii-same deal as the trip to France
9. Take a cake decorating class
10. Get a new family portrait-maternity photos are scheduled for next week, and we will get a new family photo then.
11. Scrapbook night with friends
12. Walk on the beach and collect seashells
13. Go on a Missions Trip
14. Work on wedding scrapbook- not yet. We are trying to figure out how to scan the film negatives to the computer so I can have them as digital images to work with. Yea I know, film negatives!!!
15. Have a girls night out (or in)-for my birthday, Chris planned a mini semi-surprise party with some of my closest girl-friends
16. Get on a regular workout schedule
17. Have an Auntie and Madison day
18. Get on a cleaning schedule
19. Fishing with Ethan and Chris
20. Everyday remember that life is precious and not guaranteed
21. Get more involved in Hemophilia Association
22. Go to Disneyland
23. Go see a taping of a live TV show
24. Get new larger coffee mugs (current ones are too small for my caffeine needs)- no but I have cut back on my caffeine. Does that count? :)
25. Go snowboarding- yea, snowboarding and pregnancy don't go together.
26. Go to a spa
27. Update my passport (maiden name probably won't cut it anymore)
28. Clean out closet and donate clothes
29. Swimming lessons with Ethan
30. Put music on my iphone (finally)

**Those in red are ones that I have accomplished. :)


I hope you enjoy this fun little recap. More on the 20-10 club later. :)

2 comments:

AML said...

Oh Blonde. I actually love this post. Mostly because of your perspective. I know it hasn't been an easy year... But even with unmet goals, there is so much that DID happen. Seeing some of the things you did accomplish written in red was quite telling. God is doing so much in and through you, girl. Thirty is going to be amazing!

Wendi said...

Praise God! I love your heart and am blessed and honored by the gift of you!